Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Witness

As usual, I try not to give out anything in the title.

It was a Saturday. I took Jesse out for breakfast / lunch at around 1130. I parked the car near the restaurant we wanted to go and proceeded to walk there.

Traffic was light with Monday being Labour Day. I think a lot of people went back to home town.

I saw one motorcycle making a U-turn abrubtly not too far from me. On instinct, I put myself in front of Jesse. The motorcyclist dashed past the man buying newspaper in front of a newspaper stand and the next thing we saw was coins scattered everywhere on the road.

The bike didn't stop and disappeared quickly. The victim was stunned for a moment and ran to his car and gave chase.

Yes, that was a snatching we witnessed. It was a lazy Saturday noon. And it happened so close to my house (closer to my office.)

I thanked God for his protection. But I was also worried about what the world is becoming.

You be careful out there. You cannot be too careful.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This could happen anywhere,at any time,the moment one steps out of the house,the office or exposed to the outside....

Yes,everyone has just got to beware...

Anonymous said...

It seems there were also cases of snatching 'notebook' from pedestrians by 'flying' motocyclists too! So be alert when walking on the road...

Unknown said...

The grille that blocks access to my back lane was broken into. The ladder left by my contrator was stolen. I may install CCTV or alarms. I used to have alarm in my old house.