Monday, September 22, 2008

I don't know?

(I posted this into another blog by mistake. Good thing I realized the mistake and moved it back here.)

One very easy way to get under my skin is to tell me I don't know something I know.

I used to be a proud person. I think I have changed. But please try not to cross the line.

I am not boastful of my linguistic skills. But I do take pride (as in value, not see highly) in my work. So, don't come and criticize my translation and tell me others will laugh when you don't even seem to master even 1 language.

I have been working with PowerPoint for years in my pre-sale and sales career. Please don't tell me only so and so know how to fix a PowerPoint problem (with the obvious exclusion of my name in the list.) It's even funnier when those people named actually came to me for advice on the same issue.

I have been working on the various departments of my office. Don't tell me I don't know something because it's something to do with accounting. I don't have a degree in accounting. Do I have to go get a job as an accountant to prove I understand? (not that it's going to be easy to land an accounting job for me.)

In my heyday, I would have lashed out mercilessly.

Today, I am thinking. Does it matter?

No comments: