Thursday, December 06, 2007

To pray or not to pray

I have a penchant of skipping the corporate prayer. This is especially so when we met monthly.

Now that it's a weekly meeting, I attend more often. Still, sometimes due to work, sickness, mood, I'd give it a skip.

Last Wednesday, I was not feeling well. I had running nose and the beginning of a sore throat. However, I still went to the church because I didn't think I could walk home. I went there to get a ride from Kathleen who would go there with Jesse. They didn't turn up. I joined in the prayer and worship (these two should always go together, harp and incense mah.) I had a good time. I felt healthy. I got a ride home.

Yesterday, I had fever. But I wanted to go to the church to just find out if the projector worked. It didn't. By the time I tried everything, almost everyone was there. I moved the PC so everyone could see the monitor. (I always wanted to have worship without having to read words. Matt Redman once led a worship with NO singing. And he said it was good.) And once again I stayed because I didn't feel strong enough to walk home. K and Jesse came. I once again joined in the worship and prayer, helping in whatever little way I could. Again I had a good time. But I still didn't feel fully recovered.

If I were to go home both times, walk or taking a taxi, I would probaly go home feeling sick and wallow in self-pity. That's not good.

A few children prayed last night. We need to encourage them to seek the Lord themselves.

Of course, we ourselves need to pray.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah yeah, Learner could be right...
:p