Friday, September 18, 2009

I dig this song - Three Rugged Cross by the Freemans

Three rugged crosses

Chorus
Three rugged crosses, on one lonely hill;
Two men were guilty, three men were killed.
Three men were buried, and two men are still.
Somewhere near those three rugged crosses,
On one lonely hill.

I’ve added it up, and still don’t know why;
An innocent man, would be chosen to die.
A cross is a place, where a sinner should be;
Two men should be there, so why do I see.

Chorus

When I think of Barabas, I think about me;
And all of us who should have died on that tree.
But Jesus was born, just to be crucified;
If I were to live, then he had to die.

Chorus x2

2 comments:

Tom said...

Just asking, are you saying Barabas went to the cross? Hope not since Pilot set him free.

Anonymous said...

If you look at the lyrics, he is comparing himself to Barabas as he was set free just as all sinners were free from sin because Christ paid the price. Barabas should have died on the cross, but Christ took his place.