Monday, August 20, 2007

Patience I have little

The test of courage comes when we are in the minority. The test of tolerance comes when we are in the majority. - Ralph W. Sockman

I got the above in my iGoogle starting page.

I normally do my things quickly. There are things I drag my feet on, e.g. terminating the developments water bill account and apply my own. Hey, the previous owner stayed for 16 years without changing it. And the postman told me on Saturday that he delivered more than 100 registered mails to the houses around my area from the same developer. Either way, I will see if I can do it elentronically without having to pay Syabas a visit.

I have quite a bit of work lined up for me. One particular time-consuming and tedious work is pending the input (data) from someone else. They have missed their deadline. This in turn cuts down the time I originally requested to do my portion. And they still have not completed their part. I can still work harder and longer hours to meet MY deadline but I am the teenie weenie bit annoyed. I know, love is not irritable. Still, I could not help why that party could not get their part done in time.

I don't mind people who are genuinely pressed for time and pass me their work late. In this particular case, I just think they are being slow.

I think I am partial to the people I like. There are those from the church who can request my help at the eleventh hour and I will gladly help with joy. There are those however that I will still help but I will talk to them professionally (a matter of factly).

It's the same in the work place. To some, I'll respond immediately. But I will "follow procedure" for others, i.e. send email, get approval from Manager, etc. Some people are just ... tsk tsk tsk. I think God put them here to get under my skin. This is how I learn to be more patient.

2 comments:

Gwens Florist 贵文花屋 said...

Hmm....either in work place or church, you are put to test for your patience.... So...be patient ye..

Happy working!

:D

MC said...

I soooooo get you! I also dunno why when some people ask me last minute things, I reschedule every thing (almost la) to try to fit it in so that I can help. And I am happy to do it.

Then, there is the other case where I am geram...I will still do, but I will terus terang speak my mind and hentam diplomatically, with very valid points.

Is it that I don't love enough? I just realized that love is not easily angered. Doesn't that mean that it CAN be angered? =)