Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Have sermon will travel?


Those in "my time" will know a TV Show called Have Gun Will Travel.

I don't remember much except for the first line of the theme song and a gunslinger with mustache. I do remember I watched it very often just like I watched Bonanza (this one I don't even remember the theme song. I just remember there are a lot of people.)

(A light bulb just lighted in my mind, I remember something.) I think I remember the conclusion of an episode of HGWT. The hero offered to help an old lady bury her son (no one was around because the son was a bad guy). She declined because it was the hero who killed her son. I distinctly remember she stuck the shovel a bit into the ground and jumped onto it and used her weight (which was not much) to bring the shovel deep into the ground before she dug the dirt out.

Anyway, the show (or rather the name of the show) is the inspiration of the title of this post.

In my new job, I have travelled twice and I will travel another time in the following week. All three times, I am scheduled to preached on the Sunday I am back. It may not be a coincidence. But far be it for me to spiritualize everything. If it happens a fourth time, then perhaps ...

I am going to Bangkok next week for four days to give trainings to my colleagues there. As usual, I will watch what I eat very carefully. My accommodation comes with breakfast. And I am told time and again the tom yam there is good. D'oh (to quote Jesse quoting Homer Simpson.)

One would think being along away from home, I'd have more time with God and hence can spend more time with the sermon. True, I do get to spend more time with God. I can do 100 sit ups every night. But I also get lazy. Time is spent watching TV (it was CSI-mania in Singapore. One after another) and playing games.

I am only preaching once a month. I have plenty of time. But most of the time, I would work on it up until Saturday.

I lost my voice after leading worship for the 2nd service 2 days ago.

I think I will keep my voice on 09 Sep 2007.

No comments: