Monday, December 22, 2008

Google Calendar - How can you not love Google?

I added the PT meeting dates for the next semester to the Yahoo! Group Calendar. I wanted it in my Google Calendar (which is sync to my Outlook and in turn my iPAQ.) There is no direct way to do it. Yahoo! Group doesn't allow Google Calendar to read it. So, I did it the manual way. I exported it into CSV and then imported it from Google Calendar. One short sync and I have it in my Outlook. The next time I sync my iPAQ, I will get it there too.

Then I noticed something I didn't know before. I set an SMS notification of 7 days before the monthly meetings. When I checked an existing meeting again, I noticed the notification has been changed to 1 week. Hey, neat.

Then I found out I could click on Quick Add and type "Dinner with family next Wed 7:00 p.m." and an entry was added with the Subject "Dinner with family" on 31/12/2008 at 7:00 p.m. Talk about reading my mind. It even offer an option for me to "undo" in case that's not what I wanted.

Google just makes it so easy. And once again, remember, their motto is to "do no evil."

Now can you dig that?

No comments: