Friday, March 13, 2009

Giving up? No way!

I shared with two sisters that it's been a long long while since I last felt unhappy.

This is not a big issue. It's supposed to work that way. If I am really thinking about the good of the whole group, I should be a good soldier and do my part. If I am going to be relegated to a drone that hardly adds value to the community, so be it ... unless I want to try another community.

This is definitely not a good time to look around let alone move around.

I should really learn to count my blessings. Let's see.
  1. After the Thailand trip, I have a sort of a "change of heart" and I have been trying hard to "be good" to my family and loved ones.
  2. I have started practicing "flash prayers" and I find it a wonderful thing to do.
  3. After the 2-day Coaching and Mentoring workshop which I utterly enjoy, great speaker, practicing haka and all (not to mentioned getting to know her better), I look at my colleagues in a different light. This is not so much due to the workshop but the time I spent with my colleagues. I can genuinely try to love everyone now, yes, even those few.
  4. She has overcome her problems. She has made her decision. I thank God for that. We have established a good friendship that is filled with fun and joy. I had a celebration lunch with her today.
So, why am I not happy? I will likely not be turned into a drone. I will still be contributing in ways that will tap into my intelligence, experience and analytical skills. I will still be as busybody as ever. That's not going to change. I will still have wonderful time with my colleagues. I can still learn to love what I do.

So, don't fret. It's a long way to heaven, don't sweat the small stuff.

Let's see how long I can remain sunny.

... sometimes it helps to have someone to shine on.

No comments: