Sunday, April 26, 2009

Aim low, think smaller

After dim sum breakfast with dad, we arrived in church early.

Pastor Intern Melissa signaled me to approach the bench, err ... keyboard. She said she wanted to show a video clip but there was no sound. She wanted me to get another copy in the Touch Centre. I told her I didn't have the password to the PC. She wrote it down for me and told me she'd text me the location of the file.

I grabbed my i-Stick and went out. As I crossed the road, I realized I left my phone charging with my notebook. Hmm ... I thought if it's in the PC, I would find it.

It was not in the PC. I combed through the rather neat and clean haystack and could not find the needle. I went back to get my phone. Oh, I was to go to the internet. Hmm ... if I'd only read the message I could have borrowed K's modem and download it in the sanctuary itself. Of course, that may distract others.

I download the WMV and FLV. I didn't try the high definition because it was too big. Once finished, I tried to play. Hey, no sound. I have already turned on the speakers. I traced the cable and found out it was plugged to the wrong socket. I put it into the correct one, viola! Audio was working.

Ok, I plugged in my trusty i-Stick and it could not be detected. Hmm ... I restarted it and waited and waited (and prayed) and it was detected.

Ok. I copied both. Not enough place. I decided to just copy the WMV version.

Once the worship was finished, I copied the file to the PC in the Sanctuary and waited to ensure it worked. Visual ok. Audio was not. Hmm ... so sorry, Melissa had to switch to narrator mode (not frame narrator but narrator.)

I copied the file to my notebook and tried. Eh ... audio was ok.

I then talked to Jerry to find out if the channel was turned on. He said it was and suggested we check the socket. I went to the front and tried it with another socket and got some noise.

At the conclusion of the service, I went to the front and switch the audio jack from the green to the blue. I signaled Jerry to turn on the audio. Then Ivan pulled it out a bit telling us that if the jack was all the way in, there would be no sound.

So, that's how we got the audio working.

In case you want to see the video clip (actually a flash presentation), go to http://max7.org and look for Aim Low.

No comments: