Saturday, December 25, 2010

Joy in what your are doing

As I listened to the beautiful violin performance by Joanne Yeoh - Violinitst Extraordinaire, I saw the joy on her face. Her smile and the occasions she had her eyes closed revealed how much she loved what she was doing.

I have always told people that I am doing what I love to do - preaching, leading worship, leading cell groups, teaching young people, studying Bible, working, helping people.

This morning, I wondered if I have lost the joy.  If so, what are the reasons? What has changed? Is it the circumstances? Is it me? Is it both?

As I listed to the songs and looked at Joanne's face projected on the large screen, I am inspired to imagine things can go back to what it was. In fact, it can be even better. I still love helping people. I still love my job. Now, if I am willing to let God work in the other areas of my life ...

No comments: