Thursday, January 26, 2012

On the 4th day of Chinese New Year ...

Today is the 4th day of Chinese New Year.

I have with me the cough that had been bugging me since 1 week before Chinese New Year. I will go see Dr. Chau (my own doctor) if necessary. The panel clinic doesn't work for me.

I am very thankful for the following:

  • Son, Jesse is doing his A-levels in the Methodist College Kuala Lumpur. I hope he gets back his motivation. He can be unstoppable when he is in form. He got 7 As in his UPSR. Perhaps too much success to early. I never really recovered from my 8 A1s in SRP. I got arrogant. I hope he doesn't.
  • My dad is free from tube and urine bag. The medicine worked well. He could pass urine just fine. To quote Wei Lymn, the new standard is no long being able to eat and sleep, but also to be able to take in and discharge.
  • SOL 1 and SOL 2. Jesse and Kathleen both finished their SOL 1 and they are waiting for me. Due to a mistake in my schedule, I missed out one class for SOL 1 last year. I am going to take it on 11/02/2012 and I can graduate together with them. We have a few group studies to do for SOL 2. All in good time.
  • Family - we love and care for one another. Being the eldest, I should go home more often. I will do just that.
  • The wonderful people God put in my life. I have said it once, and I will say it again (plagiarized from Eric Bischoff from one episode of Monday Nitro) - you people put a smile on my face and a teas in my eye. Thank you for the hugs too. Wife thinks physical touch is my language of love.
During the few days away, I have been constantly praying for 2 friends in particular. I have regular people I pray for but I pray for these 2 in particular. One has cancer. One has a delayed dust mite allergy.

I am looking forward to a year of promotion as Pastor Daniel said. No, not just in terms of position but in terms of responsibilities. If we are faithful with the little things, God will give us bigger things. At this age, I am really learning to come back to God and no longer think I am very clever. I have been 'clever' for many years and the last few years of 'doing nothing' has humbled me a lot.

I am glad we are in DUMC. I think my dreams will come alive. And my shattered dreams will live again. With so many brothers and sisters to look after me, I will make it. I am counting the blessings of God everyday and I am looking forward to the end of 2012 when I will look back at a great year.

All glory to Jesus.

No comments: