Friday, January 27, 2012

Things I remember about Stephen

In Dec 2007, we completed the dry run of Project Timothy in CBC SEA Park. I approached Stephen Choi, the head tutor to express my desire to be a tutor. Kathleen and I were the only ones from the Chinese church. He smiled and said ok. I have been with PT-Asia since. I have gone through 1 complete cycle of PT and I am now in the 2 of 6 semesters of the 2nd round.

Here are some of the things I remember about this friend, mentor, sifu of mine.

  • His smile
  • His trademark moustache
  • His love of God
  • His love for the Word of God
  • His love for the people of God
  • His humour
I always enjoy the PT tutors meeting where Stephen would wait for the others tutors to share their thoughts, and then with a smile, bring up some of the things he observed from the Bible. This is usually followed by dumbfounded silence and a few daring attempts to answer his questions. He'd then share his suggestions. I always enjoy learning from my fellow tutors but Stephen made learning a very interesting and enjoyable experience.

I am very inspired by his faith in God especially during his times of trial. He really kept his eyes on the author and finisher of his faith.

Stephen is now back to be with Jesus. I will miss him very much.


3 comments:

Pat said...

We will all miss him greatly...

Cert Killer said...

In my point of view You sure did put a new twist on something that Ive heard so much about. And How did you manage to make a blog that as smart as it is sleek?

David James said...

YouTube Video Marketing services is playing a key element measure on front page standing an catalogs after At the outset internet-site after YouTube Video Search engines and is especially bunch who have Tech Budget YouTube video marketing services.