Sunday, January 01, 2012

2012

I just got back from the Watch Night Service at the Dream Centre. This is what I posted on Facebook.

"Just came back from the Watch Night Celebration. It was good. It sent a clear message how everyone can get involved in discipleship, CG and missions. I felt that God reminded me to trust in Him, to count on Him, to live by faith and not by sight. And that's something I want to do in 2012."

It was Søren Kierkegard who said that life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards. I have heard this during sermons in DUMC at least twice. Once by Pastor Daniel on Boxing Day, 2010.



So, before I think about what lies ahead, I am going to look back to the year that was 2011.

I cemented my status as a member emeritus of CBC by becoming a member of DUMC. I also attended the CLIP (Cell Leader Intern Program) and became an intern. All these after years of 'hiding', slumbering and warming the pew (well, chairs.) All three of us attended the SOL (School of Leadership). Kathleen and Jesse are way ahead of me. Due to my mistake, I missed one SOL 1 class. I have to take it before I can graduate.

We joined a CG and we loved it there because of the love given to us. I am supposed to lead a new CG after multiplication planned for early 2012. I remember the Sunday I first stepped into CBC, I was asked to open my house (I was staying with my parents then) and serve as a CL.

I am still a Project Timothy tutor. I learn from my fellow tutors and the PTers.

At home, there is no sign of any new members. There are still three of us. Kathleen is doing a Childhood Education Degree at SEGI. Jesse has finished his SPM and he will start his A-Levels in MCKL on Tuesday. He aspires to be a doctor. (The 2nd paragraph of this blog post is slightly related to this.)

This year, a visit to the clinic confirmed that I have high blood pressure. I went because my right arm had been numb for 2 days. Some friends told be it could be a sign of stroke. I didn't get a stroke but I need to start eating less meat, taking less salt and start doing exercises if I want to stay healthy.

My last McDonald's meal was taken on 13/10/2011. As of today, I am 80 days 'sober'. Give me some encouragement if you can. In the past, my KPY (praise the Lord, she gave birth to a baby girl on 15 Nov, same birthday as my dear boss) would watch over me. Then Yeng Yeng took over the tasks. I'd get permission from her before I could have McD for lunch. Now that they are both no longer in the company, I rely on my adik. But she would just tell me I should not and she doesn't keep an eye on me.

Dad had a little prostrate problem. We will take him to see a urologist on Tuesday (the same day Jesse is starting school!)

Work has been challenging. I failed miserably at a project - it took a long while and it was still not complete. I was given another chance to fix it. Headcount for my department increased by 50%. So far, the team was doing its job fine. A few projects are being planned. It can only get more exciting this year.

I am very glad and happy to make a few new acquaintances in the office. I have always been in the habit of getting 'sisters'. I have now 2 'sisters' - one acknowledged and one yet to acknowledge. Despite my arms-length approach, I somehow still managed to get embroiled in 'office romance.' Look, I am happily married with one son. And I believe a man and a women can be good friends.

I sold my Perodua Rusa and got a MyVi. I love it. In recent months, I switch it with Kathleen's Exora. It is of course more steady and stable. But it's a lot bigger. It can be challenging threading the narrow streets of SS2 (narrow because of double parked cars.)

I have volunteered to help with the DUMC Writing team, not to write but to help with administration and publicity. I may also be contributing to a local Christian magazine. I will tell more once I have a clearer picture.

The Learner's Blog has been serving as a sermon note repository for a very long time. I hope I could use it as it is meant to be.

All in all, I would agree that 2011 was a 'better' year. Those in DUMC will understand what I say this.

And oh, I hugged / embraced 7 colleagues this year. All 7 of them are females.

No comments: