Monday, October 03, 2005

Keith Green

A sister asked me to check out songs by Keith Green. She told me his songs are very inspirational. After listening to Rushing Wind, You Put This Love in My Heart, He Is Risen and There Is Redeemer, I begin to understand why.

The piano is masterfully played. Another friend told me the late Keith Green is the pioneer of CCM (Contemporary Christian Music.)

Create in Me a Clean Heart has been a song I used very often in my quiet time and prayers.

Inspiring? You have got to be kidding. Of course it is.

Here's a quute by Keith Green, "I repent of ever having recorded one single song, and ever having performed one concert, if my music, and more importantly, my life has not provoked you into Godly jealousy or to sell out more completely to Jesus!" Now, that's something we can look up to.

Another CCM pioneer is Rich Mullins, of Awesome God fame . Wow. Music not only can sooth the savage beasts, it can also be an instrument to touch lives.

All glory to Jesus!

2 comments:

Collin said...

Remind me to show you the black/goth metal version of Create in Me a Clean Heart.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for going to that great length to dig out the songs and life history of the late Keith Green,and Rich Mullins too.

Both were born of 21st October.God seems to be fond of making October born musicians.

As for me,it is not only the melody and the lyrics,but the piano playing too, has been so vibrantly beautiful!

Trully,the whole thing is kinda make one go down on knees,weep and ask for more of Him.....

Let's continue to burn...on Keith's!