Sunday, September 02, 2007

Destiny

I almost had an accident yesterday.

After two full days of Project Timothy introduction, we left for Jinjang yesterday (01 Sep 2007, Sat) evening to attend the evangelistic meeting. A team of Bible college students led by a pastor were invited to be with us.

K asked me to take Sri Hartamas route. I have taken both the 1 Utama route and the Sri Hartamas route. But I have been driver only on the 1 Utama route. I tried reluctantly. K told me we had time. I think at the crucial moment when I should pick the correct way, Barnabas called. (Later I found out Jesse and Barnabas just got off a bus and it was a long walk to the Jinjang church. They were trying to find out if they could get a lift.) I followed the direction to Kepong and eneded up taking the Kerinchi Link and connected to the Kepong toll. Ha.

Then, after I passed Jusco, the traffic light was green when I was approaching it. So, I didn't slow down. Then I noticed the two cars in front of me stopped moving. I stomped on the brake with a silent cry for help in to Jesus my heart. I stopped in time. So did the cars behind me. The driver of the 1st car, a Mercedes apparently decided it was a phone call important enough to get him and others an accident. I think I missed the Myvi in front by less than a foot.

We had to hit the honk a few times before this man finished his call and moved on.

God is good. He answered prayers, even those not verbalized.

I remember many years ago when I still could not drive. K was driving. Our white Proton Saga Iswara was sandwiched in the middle when the Australian driver from the back banged his car into ours. The first thing that came out from my mouth was the name of Jesus. I wasn't using that as expletive.

If we think, eat, drink, sleep, talk and breath God, then whatever that comes out will be of God, from God and by God.

I'd like to thank God and give Him all the glory for his protection. We just got the car back from the workshop. It was just repaired. We claimed 3rd party insurance because it was the other drivers fault, making a 3 point turn without checking the traffic. It's not so much the repair. The time and effort required to make police reports, make claims and follow up on the workshop it tiring.

I have freed myself from most work in the church. I was thinking it was time for something else. The must be something waiting for me. At first I thought it was to move to another church. Then came Ron with his Project Timothy. It's a good match. I like to dwell deep into the Word of God. I now have plenty of time (provided my laziness doesn't fill them up.) I have asked to be a tutor. We will see how this goes. It's a long journey. I have to start somewhere and I have just started. Pray for me.

We are in the journey togther. This is a journey called life. We know our destination. But we don't know for sure how we will get there. We don't know what's in store in the road ahead. But as I said, we are in this together. Rain or shine, we can encourage one another.

I am glad to have you as a companion.

No comments: