Saturday, October 27, 2007

It has been a good day and it's not over

Yo.

It's close to 10 p.m. I just reached home.

I was going to meet my China mission teammates this morning. Due to tight schedule of those involved, this was rescheduled.

I went to the Project Timothy meeting at 1:00 p.m. (I was slightly late but spared the need to explain.) It was a good session. The prayer of the someone dear to my dear BHP sister spoke into my heart. PT is to be a theological safe space. We are to learn together with love. And so far, it's been a very encouraging learning environment. K and I am truly blessed to be part of it, learning from others. Now, if only Jesse would pay attention to the proceedings ... perhaps I am asking too much.

Senior Pastor and Pat had a quick discussion with me on the China trip. I am to take up 2 lessons from MLM Book 2 and to translate the other 4 for them (2 each). I still have not translated the additional material from Pastor Richard. I have to start working on them.

The fellowship afterwards was good. I throughly enjoyed it. I have seldom sat down with them but I didn't feel out of place. (Note to BHP sister: sometimes you play a role in this. You can also influence the outcome of a meeting / gathering.)

I took the time after the tea talk to whip up something for the coming cell group. I did that in the church house. I prepared the notes for the meeting last week which was rescheduled (this first meeting was rescheduled 2 times) but I left it at home. So, I typed out something based on memory and whatever material I had. At about 6, I noticed the English church was open. I joined the group. It was the first meeting and I guess we need time to warm up to each other. We will have more to join us in the future.

We had dinner at a nearby restaurant. K and Jesse joined us.

Today is not as funny (funny = hilarious, not weird) as yesterday when I turn the role playing in the interview skills training into a sitcom in an attempt to wake everyone up (the other role playing sessions were BORING) and to give everyone a chance to pick up the important points in a job interview. I really enjoyed it. My colleagues who interviewed me were speechless many times, they were laughing uncontrollably. It was fun.

But today was wonderful in the sense that I make new friends. The PT and the Facebook played major roles in establishing good relationships.

It was a packed day but also a fulfilling day. I did what little things I could. Perhaps I should focus on the little things more.

My prayer partner, my H&L sister and my 'dry' sister in Perth are right. I should not worry too much about what people think. It's their choice. They chose to be be that way. It should not concern me. I just told my BHP sister not to heed the enemy's whisper too much. So, I should practice what I preach. My prayer partner would often tell me to stop sulking.

Ok, I will. Shortly.

I will see where I can contribute and check with Him. Then I will just obey like a good little lamb. Won't I?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ye you betta not sulk... just obey, and life will become simpler and happier for you. ;-l

Unknown said...

Ha ha.