Friday, March 28, 2008

I once was lost but now I'm found

That is the song of the bag of Ngui Wen Jie, Jesse, son of Ngui Yuen Loong.

Jesse has scout meeting in school yesterday. Like all his other friends, he put his bag in the canteen and went for the activities. When they came back, Jesse found his bag missing. He could not find it even with his friends' help.

I have lost quite a bit of things in school myself. But the school bag is something I have never lost.

When Jesse was in Yuk Chai, a confused school mate took his bag home, leaving his own one. They got their respective bags back later. That's fine.

But a missing bag?

I told him it's not the money (well, it is but not as significant) but the responsibility. He should take care of what was given to him. I told him about the lost time to catch up on the homework. Kathleen thought he could use the extra work since he didn't do them too seriously the first time.

At around 2:30 p.m, I called home and found Jesse watching 我猜我猜我猜猜猜while cooking instant noodles. His bag was found in the canteen. The pencil box is gone. Ok. Praise God. We pray that whoever took Jesse's pencil box will feel the love inside it. We pray that he / she / they will know Jesus one day.

I'd have asked you to pray for the retrieval of the bag. But I didn't want to bother you. We prayed and God listened. Praise God. Thank God.

God is good. All the time. And all the time. God is good.

No comments: