Monday, April 07, 2008

A church without walls?

Yesterday, the Puchong worship team led the worship in the Chinese service in Kota Damansara. A young (ahem) man from SEA Park preached there.

While I have no intention to take credit (in reality, I cannot. God is the one who allowed it to happen) I rejoiced and I was glad it did happen.

I have this crazy desire to see the various congregation working together. This we can see in the two annual combined celebrations, community projects like the Touch Centre, Touch Dialysis Centre, Pasar Malam ministry, the monthly combined youth celebration, etc. The recent 1st CBC Congress saw hundreds of CBC members from various centres congegrate for a wonderful time of worship, prayer and fellowship (not to mentioned good messages by Dr David Wang.)

But I desire more. The more I see people keeping to their own (that's THEIR ministry, I help when I can / want), touch not my flock, etc. the more I wanted to brigde the gap.

We always talk about establishing a church without walls. We want that, don't we? But how can we break the walls down for our community when we build strong walls AMONG ourselves?

The SEA Park English congregation are always willing to lend a hand as evident by the few occassions they loaned out their musicians to the SEA Park Chinese church. Puchong sent the entire worship team to help our Kota Damansara.

We have pastors, elders visiting different centres to preach. Can we not extend that to the worship team as well? I understand we want to bond with our own congregation but doing it once in a while will be refreshing to both the congregation and the worship team itself. And we certainly can blur lines that separates one congregation from another.

Together we stand. If we pool our resources, we can do even more things. Imagine if we all think the Tough Dialysis Centre as the project of Kota Damansara CBC. It may still work but it would have taken a lot more time and effort.

So, how to break the walls down?

No comments: