Monday, August 18, 2008

Fun Saturday

Saturday (16/08/2008) was a fun day for Jesse and me.

Kathleen dropped Jesse and me to the SMK Seksyen 10 Kota Damansara at around 0645. She then went home to prepare to attend her class. Jesse and I checked out the place. The basketball court, the registration counters, etc.

We kick started it about 45 late due to a delay in registration. We had a demonstration of how the Brazil Soccer Centre (based in Subang) train players. If was fascinating to see how much can be done with a simple rope ladder lying on the floor, a rope, a soccer ball, a mini seesaw and a parachute! Perhaps next time we will provide translation into Malay.

I still could not find anything on tsuokball. But the demonstration was interesting. Jason who was in charge told Jesse and me they came from Malacca. The sports was invented by a doctor in Swiss (hey, that's where my dear sister Mandy stays) who treated sports injury. He wanted to create a sport with minimal physical contact and fair, i.e. no physical advantage for bigger or taller people.

Then the games began. Many watched soccer. Jesse preferred basketball. After the first two matches, he already predicted who would be champions and runners-up. And his prediction was right on the money. There were four teams from KD 4 all donnning uniforms. Unfortunately, their skills were lacking. This is obvious when one of the teams played Reapers (who would emerge champions later.) The Reapers gave so much space and opportunity to the KD 4 in green. People love the underdogs. So, whenever the green teams (KD 4) scored a basket, people clapped and cheered.

My stomach was acting up and I went to the toilet a few times. I was praying hard and got my prayer partners to pray for me. God helped me through the day.

Don Kawa belted three songs with his wonderful voice much to the delight of the paricipants.

I think MANY were surprised when the speaker for the closing speech started with Puji Tuhan! Wow. So much for all the enciks and puans.

After the closing, I called my mom and found out they were in Tesco. We didn't want to bother anyone so we started walking, hoping to catch a cab on the way. We paused and took a picture of the paya on the way. Jesse wanted it as his wallpaper. An Unser stopped by. Brother John who was driving brother David to get his car in the River of Christ church offered to give us a lift. However, they were not going to Tesco. So, we alighted near the church. There was no taxis. We walked 32 minutes to the juction to the school. And it took us almost equally long before we reached the place near KD CBC. All the while, we felt rain drops falling on our head. It didn't rain though. But we were travelling on foot with no shelter in sight. Heh.

(As I am writing this now, I could hear the rain outside. Pastor Christopher noted the clear weather on that day we had the sports carnival. Thank God!)

Either way, Jesse and I got a taxi and we were on our way. By that time, mom and my sister (and my dear little chubby niece with a smile to brighten my day and many facial expressions) had finished their shopping. We met them at Pizza Hut. (Note, the service here is a LOT better than those in Giant Kelana Jaya. Tsk, tsk, tsk.)

We got a ride home. Phew. Long day with a long walk.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great day! Good exercise! ^u^

- HTML -