Sunday, September 09, 2007

The Father Connection

I am re-reading the book of the above mentioned title by Josh McDowell.

Jesse is already 13. Soon, I will be too lame and boring for him. I want to make good use of my remaining 'interesting' time with him.

I have talked about this many times. I will say it again. Parents, especially fathers should take good care of their children. Engage them. Talk to them. Listen to them.

I have failed rather miserably in being a good father. I used to do revision with Jesse. I used to read the Bible and pray with him EVERYDAY. Now, I would just ask him to read the Bible and pray alone. I will spend my time with him. It's more important than anything else. It's more enjoyable than anything else.

My VP, despite her busy schedule, has a 'tuition' for her daughter on Saturdays. If K finds out, I will have no end of it. :)

Josh said that children spell love as T-I-M-E. It is not hard for me to sit down and go through the Bible and study it together with Jesse. He's a bright boy, praise God. But if I don't guide him, it'd be a shame. Jesse will life to the fullest he can be according to God's will. I will do my best to ensure that.

Josh also listed three main influence in a child's life - father, peer pressure and the media. If the father is too busy or always absent, then peer pressure will be too tremendous. And without a role model, the media set the standard for the child. And that's a terrible thing.

Whenever I think of Jesse, I just want to hug him. I will be in PM ministry on Thu together with him. It will be a good time.

No comments: