Thursday, September 27, 2007

What's with all these gay elements?

(I am still awake. So much for the decision to sleep early.)

I reached home at around 11 p.m after the weekly prayer meeting and picking up Jesse from his tuition class. While waiting for the laundry to finish, I switched on both the notebook and the TV.

I flipped the channels a bit and picked Grey's Anatomy on NTV7. (Later I did some research and found the episode to be Testing 1-2-3, episode 24 from season 3.

Among other stories / plots, there is one about a homosexual couple awaiting to adopt the unborn baby which turned out to be twins.

After that, it was My Name is Earl (with the episode called South of the Border Part Dos.) Earl is trying to help his friend win over Catalina. He met a homosexual person whose 'partner' left him. He thought it's because he is not man enough. He blamed Brokeback Mountain for this. He then asked Earl whom he saw as manly to help him to become more manly. Earl was like, 'you want me to help you to be more manly so you could sleep around with men?'

That's two TV shows in a row with portrays homosexuals to be fine and fun.

How did they get through the censorship board?

No comments: