Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Getting impatient

Dear blog,

I am angry at the attitude of some who wanted everything handed to them on a silver platter. I could appreciate the effort of someone who doesn't know but is willing to learn. But I cannot tolerate someone who uses what he / she doesn't know as an excuse NOT to do work.

I spent two weekends (well, a few hours each Saturdays) helping some people to take short cuts. You see, entering data manually is not something they want to do. I gave ample warning (my boss too) that it will not be 100%. I told them they have to check the data thoroughly before I start with the data migration.

There were errors during migration. But whatever errors there are, instead of correcting them manually using the system, they wanted me to do it because "they are not proficient with the system." The immediate questions that come to my mind include
  1. When will they be proficient?
  2. How would they use the system if DATA ENTRY is beyond them?
  3. If spending two weekends to check data (which they HAVE to do ANYWAY if they enter them manually) is considered their limit, what is MY limit?
I get frustrated when I hear "our assumption", "we expected" and "we thought". Well, you are wrong. But boss didn't want to argue with them. She expected nothing less from them. Too bad I didn't do a super job and save her the trouble of having to deal with them.

I am normally not vindictive. But I am thinking, perhaps I should do this for the nice people in the North. They didn't ask for my help. They didn't even know this could be done. Perhaps, I'd just do it for them just to spite these people.

I can be nasty, huh?

3 comments:

Gwens Florist 贵文花屋 said...

一种米养百种人。。人生百态噢!

看开吧,别这麽计较啦。

People are funny, anyway. :-/

Unknown said...

I'm less angry now.

MC said...

bwahahaa!

Go for it bro! (Sorry, I know I shouldn't encourage such behaviour, but I get it, I really get it!)

Bwahahahhaha! sorry...though you wrote cause you are annoyed, I find the conclusion so comically similar to what I would do!