Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Vengeance is mine, saith the Lord

"Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord. Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good." - Romans 12:19-21


I received an email 'pointing' out my mistakes. I consulted my boss and decided to just respond with facts. The emails, the documents, etc.

The person wrote back to retract her, err ... 'accusations' and apologized.

Some may mistake the heaping of coals of fire on the enemy's head as God's wrath being poured on the him. It actually means to melt the enemy into repentance just like metal ores melt in fire.

It's not even noon and I have learned a valuable life lesson. Trust Him! Trust in the Lord with all my heart and lean not in my own understanding. His way is higher.

We know. We do.

2 comments:

Gwens Florist 贵文花屋 said...

Well done...with much patience, wisdom and tolerance..

You have passed the test, Learner!

Unknown said...

Thanks.

More test on the way. This is just a
small one.